XXL interview with rhymefest


the rapper, who simply[too]classy talked about on a previous post, recently sat down with XXL magazine to talk about his upcoming album and anything else that was on his mind. if you've listened to blue collar, you'll know rhymefest is as much about the punchlines as anyone. but he's sending a message to the game now: he's got a serious side too. catch some of his thoughts after the break.


here's what rhymefest had to say:

XXLMag.com: First question on everyone’s mind is where have you been?
Rhymefest: The funny thing is that I have been around, but I guess that’s the perks of being on a major label, being able to reach the masses because I have released mixtapes… A year before Michael Jackson died, I actually released a MJ mixtape to pay tribute to his music it was called Mark Ronson: Man in the Mirror; I also released the El Che Manual Mixtape last year to get fans ready for the actual album. So I have been here, it’s just that outside of my core audience people may not have been paying attention.
XXLMag.com: With that being said, what is your take on the Tiger Woods situation and his comeback, because people were coming down on him pretty hard for a while?
Rhymefest: Who came down on him? [Laughs] Not anyone I knew, the people I knew were asking: Why wasn’t anyone that he messed with Black? But other than that, no one was tripping on the affairs. I have a question; why are we talking about these light skinned niggas?
XXLMag.com: Random thought, do you miss Dave Chappelle?
Rhymefest: No, but I admire him. I think that he is one Black man that won and knew it. That is the problem with Black people; we don’t know when we’ve won. Look at Tiger Woods, he had five White girls—he won, but he didn’t stop, he wanted 12 and look, nigga, you lost. [Laughs] So we need to learn to quit when we’re ahead and stop being extra.
see the entire interview here.